Facts to to Raise Awareness of Alzheimer's Disease
- Of the Top 10 leading causes of death, Alzheimer's is the only one with no solid method of prevention or treatment (UsAgainstAlzheimer's).
- This year, Congress will support more than $5.4 billion in cancer research, $2 billion in cardiovascular disease research, and $3 billion in HIV/AIDS research. Alzheimer's research will receive only around $560 million (UsAgainstAlzheimer's).
- The number of American patients with this disease is nearly 5.4 million (Alzheimer's Association).
- 97% of family caregivers say their personal (marriage and friendship) relationships have suffered or even ended as a result of caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or dementia (Caring.com report)
- Nearly half (42%) of family members caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or other dementia spend $20,000 or more per year on caregiving (Caring.com report)
- Simply tell others, in person or through your social media sites:
- I know someone with Alzheimer's Disease. Do you?
- Take a few seconds and sign this petition to stop Alzheimer's by 2020.
- Don't whisper about Alzheimer's; honor them by making their story heard.
- With Alzheimer's Disease, the mind may not remember, but 'The Heart Does Not Forget'™.
Click on the icons on the right to share this on Facebook, by email, by Pinterest (click the + to go to it), and more.